david keating ✉️️
David Keating is a critically acclaimed and award winning director.
- wake wood (Hammer / Vertigo with Timothy Spall and Aidan Gillen),
- the last of the high kings (Miramax with Jared Leto, Gabriel Byrne, Emily Mortimer and Christina Ricci),
- cherry tree (Dark Sky / IFB, with Anna Walton, Naomi Battrick) -- the opening film at Film4 FrightFest 2015 in London’s Leicester Square.
His feature length documentary, km64, tells the story of how the world's most extreme skate park came to be built in the desert of Baja California Sur. (Contact David to get yourself a copy) It's a lesson in improvisation from beginning to end.
His screenwriting includes Into the West (Miramax, directed by Mike Newell) and work for Columbia / Sony Pictures. He has also exec produced several films, documentaries and community narrative projects.
He has directed several theatre productions including Entertaining Mr Sloane, by Joe Orton and Below the Belt by Richard Dresser and shows at the Dublin Fringe and New York Fringe festivals.
He has been a project mentor with EU development and training initiatives Equinoxe and Moonstone and for MAISHA -- Mira Nair’s initiative in Uganda; Media Film Development, Morocco; Project Hot House for the Irish Film board.
Born in Dublin, David studied drama in Paris at the Ecole de Mimodrame. After working as an assistant director for several years he began writing and directing in the late 80s.
David has run workshops and master-classes for
- Green Templeton College, Oxford University
- London Film Academy;
- Screen Training Ireland;
- University of Bonn;
- University of Mainz;
- East End Film Festival, London
- Dublin International Film Festival.
- Indie Cork Festival;
- National Film School of Ireland;
- University College, Cork
- Trinity College, Dublin;
- Huston School of Film & Digital Media;
- Irish Film Academy