dr. paul loper ✉️️
San Francisco-based Dr. Paul Loper is passionately committed to an integral, connected path of human flourishing, Paul lives and works in the arts as well as academia and business. He obtained a Ph.D. in Learning and Change in Human Systems (from the California Institute of Integral Studies). Paul has published a number of articles on his collaborative, multi-epistemological Chormmunity workshops, which have been used by organisations and companies including Kellogg's, Kerry Foods, EDF Energy, Samsung, DEFRA and the Berkana Institute to deepen their understanding of relationships and groups.
paul’s teaching and academic work includes:
- Faculty for the Master's in Leadership program, St. Mary's College of California
- Senior Facilitator (T-Group) for the Interpersonal Dynamics course at the Graduate School of Business, Stanford University
- Assistant Teacher (including T-group facilitator and Journal reader), Haas Business School, UC Berkeley.
- Fellow, YBCA (Yerba Buena Center for the Arts) Fellows program, Citizenship Cohort
- Reviewer for Journal of Transformative Education
- Consultant to Tim Huls on design for a theatre and performance course for high school boys, looking to build vulnerability tolerance.
- Co-Author, Move Over, Descartes! Engaging the Intersection of Transformative Learning and Neuroscience, with Kathleen Taylor, Dean Elias, Urusa Fahim, Donald Proby.
- Deep Stream T-Group Weekend Workshop with Erica Peng.
- Key designer and facilitator for Aperto Alla Sinistra, a Praxis Tank Salon
- Embodied Leadership Cooperative Inquiry w Tiffany von Emmel, Pien van den Herik, and Sabine Amend.
- Session Leader at Design for Dance conference, through Stanford Persuasive Tech Lab. “Choreographic Capacity: Towards Collaborative Ways We Come to Dance.” Stanford University.
as an artist,
Paul has recently appeared as Tiresias in Cutting Ball Theatre's San Francisco production of Antigone ("Loper is the sort of actor who’s totally in the moment, absorbing what other cast members put out there and responding to it." ) and in Colossal; The Lump of Coal; Fancy Nancy's Splendiferous Christmas; The Shipment; Hatch; Nasty, Brutish, and Short; Rainbow Logic: Arm in Arm with Remy Charlip (For Eye Zen Presents). He is currently in rehearsal for "Universal Robots" by Mac Rogers which opens on June 29th 2018 at the Phoenix Theatre, San Francisco.
His theatre work today builds on two earlier decades of professional performing throughout North America, Europe, Scandinavia, and Israel. He danced with Twyla Tharp, ISO (formerly Momix), Michael Moschen, the American Dancemachine, Philippe Découfflé, the Pet Shop Boys, and Grace Jones. An award-winning choreographer, he has created nearly 50 works. Grounded in the Laban/Bartenieff Movement Analysis System, he was awarded le Diplôme d’État, France’s national dance teaching diploma.