Some of the techniques that we've developed and continue to use with individuals and groups include;
"Levels of Listening"
"Listening for Leadership"
"Learning from Disease"
"The havemorefun imagebank"
"Magic 120 words"
"Tracks and tales of my youth"
"Kay's pack of triangles"
"I see, you see cards"
"A collection of little pauses.."
Paul Loper's "Chormmunity"
“The Somalogue Sessions”
To find out more, well, just get in touch.
We are also grateful to refer to and use ideas from Liz Lerman's Critical Response Process, The Fifth Discipline Fieldbook, Jacques LeCoq.. the list is endless.
A SELECTION OF RATHER CLEVER PEOPLE WHO AGREE WITH US.....
“If people did not sometimes do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done”. Ludwig Wittgenstein
“The most profit oriented companies are not the most profitable.” John Kay ("Obliquity"):
“It is true that a mathematician who is not something of a poet will never be a perfect mathematician”. K.Weierstrauss:
“At the very best, a mind enclosed in language is in prison”. Simone Weil:
“Movement is the mother of all cognition: It forms the I that moves before the I that moves forms movement”. Jaana Parviainen
“Take each and every step as though you were putting your life on the line……….Technique could never provide me with the wherewithal to achieve what I’ve set out to do. What do I care whether you’re skilful or not? What I do care about though is that your performance makes me walk away afterwards feeling grateful for being alive.”Kazuo Ohno
"Probably it is better to put off using words as long as possible and get one's meanings as clear as one can through pictures and sensations" George Orwell
Some recommended reading from authors we admire:
- Obliquity by John Kay
- Don't sleep, there are snakes by Daniel Everett
- Splendours and Miseries of the Brain: Love, Creativity and the Quest for Human Happiness by Semir Zeki.
- In a Different Voice by Carol Gilligan
- Common Wealth by Jeffrey Sachs
- Action in Perception by Alva Noe
- Send in the Idiots by Kamran Nazeer
- Neither Brain nor Ghost by W. Teed Rockwell
- Gitanjali by Rabindranath Tagore
- Understanding Consciousness by Max Velmans
- The Divided Mind by John E Sarno
- Born on a Blue Day and Embracing the Wide Sky by Daniel Tammet
- 23 things they don’t tell you about capitalism by Ha-Joon Chang